STEM Courses for Certificate Renewal
WEA’s Inclusionary Practices Project (IPP) is a state-wide focus on professional development designed to support staff to increase inclusion for students with disabilities. The project is funded by OSPI and open to all educators/stakeholders in WA state (including education support professionals, administration, paraeducators, parents, special education personnel, and general education personnel.)
Visit the OSPI website at www.k12.wa.us/educator-support/continuing-education-clock-hours/stem-clock-hours for more information regarding the STEM requirement for certificate renewal. All trainings below meet the professional and continuing elementary and secondary certificate renewal requirements for STEM (RCW 28A.10.2212). For questions regarding STEM courses, contact Thera Grady.
For questions regarding STEM courses, contact Thera Grady.
STEM Zoom Courses (Asynchronous)
- Courses held via Zoom in real time (synchronous).
- Register ASAP! Classes fill up quickly and there is not a waitlist option.
- After clicking the registration link, select the course you want to register for from the
- Once registration is full, the course will no longer be available in the drop down menu.
- Registration is a TWO Step Process
1. Register for each course using the link listed below for each course.
2. Use the registration link in your confirmation email to complete the Zoom registration.
You will immediately be directed to the course Zoom information page, including the link
to access the course. SAVE this information. You can also add the event information to
your calendar from this page.
- Courses are free and clock hours will be provided.
- As these offerings are funded through a grant from OSPI, you do not have to be a WEA member to attend.
- Please test your computer's video and audio HERE before the course start. Technical assistance will not be provided.
- Course evaluations will be emailed to attendees approximately 5-10 business days after each course. Once completed and submitted, a clock hour verification form will be sent via email. Please check your spam/junk folders for the emails. Use the clock hour verification form to process your clock hours and/or attendance according to your distrcit policies.
Awaiting course list from WEA for 2023/2024.