SESC & IPP Zoom and Canvas Courses
The Washington Education Association's Special Education Support Center and Inclusionary Practices Project are currently offering both sychronous and asynchronous courses online:
These sychronous trainings are held via Zoom. New trainings will be added to the schedule about once a week through December. Available Zoom course information and registration links can be found on the Online Worshops flyer.
- Courses held via Zoom in real time.
- Register ASAP! Classes fill up quickly and there is not a waitlist option.
- Once registration is full, the course will no longer be available in the drop down menu.
- Registration is a TWO Step Process
1. Register for each course using the link on the Online Workshops flyer.
2. Use the registration link in your confirmation email to complete the Zoom registration.
You will immediately be directed to the course Zoom information page, including the link
to access the course. SAVE this information. You can also add the event information to
your calendar from this page.
- Courses are free and clock hours will be provided.
- Since courses are provided in real-time, live, and include small group discussions and opportunities for engagement, course capacity is limited to 500 registrants. (Capacity for some courses has been increased to 600. This is noted in the course description.)
- As these offerings are funded through a grant from OSPI, you do not have to be a WEA member to attend.
- Please test your computer's video and audio HERE before the course start. Technical assistance will not be provided.
If you aren't able to attend one of the live Zoom courses or prefer to work at your own pace, you can take many of the same courses asynchronously via Canvas. It takes approximately one week from the live Zoom session to set up the Canvas course and open registration. Available Canvas course information and registration links can be found on the Online Worshops flyer.
- Registration is free for participants
- Register for each course using the link on the Online Workshops flyer.
- Canvas courses are asynchronous - you take them independently, individually, at your own pace, and without a live instructor.
- Coursework must be completed by June 30, 2021
- Once you work through the course, and submit your activities and final survey, you will receive clock hours from the WEA in about 5 to 7 days. Clock hours are free to participants.
- Trainings are funded through a grant from OSPI. You do not have to be a WEA member to attend.