WEA-Retired Retirement Seminars 2022/2023 (Spring)
On the road to retirement?
Let qualified WEA-Retired representatives help as you prepare your retirement roadmap. Seminars are designed for members who are within 5 years of retirement, but all are welcome to attend. Space is limited to give the opportunity for individual questions and discussion.
Course concluded. Check back for future dates!
The 2022/2023 Spring seminar will consist of two separate sessions held on consecutive days. Session 1 will be Friday from 5:00pm-8:00Pm and Session 2 will be Saturday from 8:30am-3:00pm (with a 1/2-hour lunch break). The spring seminar will be held:
Sessions will cover the following topics:
— Estate Planning
— Why are WEA-Retired/NEA-Retired important?
— Resources and Important Contacts
— Department of Retirement Systems (DRS)
— Social Security
— Healthcare (Medicare & PEBB)
— Retirement Timeline
— and More!
(Agenda and topics subject to change as needed.)
- There is no charge to attend.
- Space is limited and preregistration is required.
- When registering for a seminar, you are registering for both sessions for that seminar. (Registering for November 4th also registers you for November 5th. Registering for January 6th also registers you for January 7th.)Only the date of the first session will show on your registration.
- Registrants will receive a registration confirmation email upon completing the registration process.
- Enter your HOME email address during registration - NO school emails. All communications regarding this training will be sent to home emails only.
- Training will be held via Zoom.
- Zoom link will be sent to registrants HOME EMAIL ADDRESS prior to the seminar.
- Seminar is only open to educators of the WEA-Cascade UniServ Council in the Edmonds, Northshore, and Shoreline school districts who are WEA members. (For Zoom seminars only, a spouse/partner may attend with you.)
- Due to limited seminar dates, each person may only register for one seminar per school year.
Questions? Contact Beth Rogers.