WEA-Retired Retirement Seminars 2023/2024
On the road to retirement?
Let qualified WEA-Retired representatives help as you prepare your retirement roadmap. Seminars are designed for members who are within 5 years of retirement, but all are welcome to attend. Space is limited to give the opportunity for individual questions and discussion.
Choose from one of the following options:
- Friday, 11/3/2023 & Saturday, 11/4/2023
- Friday, 1/19/2024 & Saturday, 1/20/2024
- Friday, 3/15/2024 & Saturday, 3/16/2024
The 2023/2024 seminars will be held on Zoom and will consist of two separate sessions held on consecutive days. Session 1 will be Friday from 5:00pm-8:00Pm and Session 2 will be Saturday from 8:30am-3:00pm (with a 1/2-hour lunch break).
Sessions will cover the following topics:
— Estate Planning
— Why are WEA-Retired/NEA-Retired important?
— Resources and Important Contacts
— Department of Retirement Systems (DRS)
— Social Security
— Healthcare (Medicare & PEBB)
— Retirement Timeline
— and More!
(Agenda and topics subject to change as needed.)
- Cost is $15 to attend.
- Space is limited and preregistration is required.
- When registering for a seminar, you are registering for both sessions for that seminar. (Registering for November 3rd also registers you for November 4th, etc.) Only the date of the first session will show on your registration.
- Registrants will receive a registration confirmation email upon completing the registration process.
- Enter your HOME email address during registration - NO school emails. All communications regarding this training will be sent to home emails only.
- Training will be held via Zoom.
- These seminar dates are only open to educators of the WEA-Cascade UniServ Council in the Edmonds, Northshore, and Shoreline school districts who are WEA members. (For Zoom seminars only, a spouse/partner may attend with you.)
**Cancellation/No Show Policy: There will be NO refunds for no shows and/or cancellations within five (5) days of the event. Cancellations on or before the deadline will receive a refund (less Eventbrite fees, if applicable). Cancellation deadline per seminar is 11:59pm on 10/26/23 for November seminar, 1/14/24 for January seminar, and 3/10/24 for March seminar.
**Home Email Policy: Enter your HOME email address during registration - NO school emails. All communications regarding this training will be sent to home emails only.
**Registration Policy: Due to limited seminar dates, each person may only register for one seminar per school year.
Questions? Contact Beth Rogers.