FCS Winter Training Series
The Paraeducator Certificate Program from the Washington State Professional Educator Standards Board offers a statewide standards-based training for all paraeducators, and supports a career growth ladder for those who wish to advance their career as a paraeducator or pursue a teaching profession. Visit the PESB website for more information about the program and its components.
The Center for Education Quality and the Action Coordinating Team are offering the FCS Standards online. Their objective is to help WEA paraeducator members complete 14 of the 28 required FCS hours for certification for free. WEA will be offering courses in four different sessions for 2020/2021: Fall - Winter - Spring - Summer.
Winter Training Series
- Each class has multiple sessions offered at the same time. The sessions cover the same material, so please register for only one session per training.
- Registrants will receive a separate email with Zoom registration and meeting link.
- There is no charge for these courses.
- Clock hours will be provided.
- Courses will be held on Saturdays from 9:00am-1:00pm.
- Class sizes are limited.
(FCS 02, 11 & 12) Educational and Instructional Support/Communication Basics/Challenges
Objective: Participants will learn classroom- and building-based instructional strategies and supports to assist classroom teachers in various learning environments and with diverse learning styles. This training will also focus on essential communication strategies, conflict management, conflict resolution and how to effectively work in a team environment in order to increase student achievement. (7 Clock Hours)
- January 16, 2021 - Register for Session 1 or Session 2
- January 23, 2021 - Register Here
- February 20, 2021 - Register for Session 1 or Session 2
- February 27, 2021 - Register Here
- March 27, 2021 - Register for Session 1 or Session 2
Spring and Summer Series dates and registration links will be posted at a later date.