Planning to begin the National Board Certification process in the 2020-21 school year? Register to attend WEA's National Board Jump Start training offered online this summer. Registration is now open.
Jump Start is a comprehensive, multi-day seminar designed to provide new National Board candidates with important information about the certification process, time to examine component and Assessment Center requirements, the opportunity to plan how to meet requirements, and time to collaborate, gather resources and information needed to pursue certification. All this happens in a supportive, constructive, and collegial environment.
Here are the key event details:
Cost: $50 (WEA members only)
- Required entry into course series: Foundations 1 course
- Participants select as many of the remaining 5 modules (C1, C2, C3, C4, Foundations 2) with for the same flat $50 registration fee
- Up to 30 WEA clock hours can be earned for those attending all 6 modules and Q & A sessions
- July 27-31 (Registration closes for these events at 5 p.m. July 20.)
- Aug. 10-14 (Registration closes for these events at 5 p.m. Aug. 3.)
- There are six total training modules offered two times during each of our training weeks.
- Participants will select specific training modules after submitting the event registration/payment.
- Note: Participants may choose to complete the full Jump Start experience in one week (July 27-31 or Aug. 10-14), OR they can spread it out over these two training weeks.
For more information and to registration Click Here.
If you have questions about registration, please email Arlyn Palomo. If you questions about the training agenda and content, please email Jim Meadows.