Special Education Support Center & Inclusionary Practices Project Asynchronous Courses
The Washington Education Association's Special Education Support Center and Inclusionary Practices Project are currently offering both sychronous and asynchronous courses online. Asynchronous (Instructure/Canvas) courses are listed below. Synchronous (Zoom) courses can be found HERE.
SESC and IPP Courses - Canvas (Asynchronous)
General Course Info:
- Registration is free for participants.
- Canvas courses are asynchronous - You take them independently, individually, at your own pace, and without a live instructor.
- You will receive an email confirmation from WEA as well as a registration email from Instructure/Canvas after registering.
- Trainings are funded through a grant from OSPI. You do not have to be a WEA member to attend.
- At the end of each course, you will need to fill out the "End of Course Evaluation" to receive clock hours. A clock hour verification form will be sent to you about 7-10 business days after completing this survey. Your assignment and submissions need to be verified by the instructors and then processed in the PD Network.
- Clock hours are free to participants.
Monday, May 30, 2022 Last day to register for a course -
Registration concluded. Check back in August for more course offerings!
Monday, June 6, 2022* Last day to complete course content, including discussions, assignments, and resubmissions for the 2021-2022 year
Monday, June 20, 2022 Last day to complete the End of Course Evaluation
Thursday, June 30, 2022 Last day to record clock hours in OSPI eCertification for certificates expiring June 30, 2022
*June 30, 2022 is the last day to submit an application through OSPI eCertification to renew certificates expiring June 30, 2022. However, WEA needs time to process your clock hours and time to address any issues that may occur, which is why the last date to complete any courses needed for certificate renewal is June 6th.
If you are new to WEA's Canvas, an account will automatically be created for you.
- Register using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If you use Internet Explorer or Safari, you maynot be registered.
- Do not supress email. If you do, that will tell the system to not send emails and you will not be able to access your courses.
If you have questions about the asychronous courses, aren't receiving the registration email, or don't see a course on your dashboard, contact Kendru Dimalanta. The most up-to-date course deadlines and info can be found at https://www.washingtonea.org/pd/asynchronous-courses/.