THIS TRAINING HAS BEEN CANCELLED. Amid concern over coronavirus(COVID-19), WEA trainers have cancelled and Shoreline School District has cancelled use of its facility for evening events. This training may be rescheduled, if possible. Please watch your home email for future training announcements.
This course offers an in-depth look at autism characteristics in areas such as social reciprocity, shared attention, and perspective taking. Attendees learn how these deficits translate into academic, social, motor, communication and adaptive difficulties in schools and communities. This course provides an overview of the various behavioral, developmental and structured teaching approaches as well as a variety of effective classroom strategies to use in serving students with autism. Participants will:
- Examine the definition and characteristics of autism
- Learn successful strategies and interventions for use when serving students with autism in the classroom
- Obtain current and reliable resources focused on meeting the needs of students with autism
Saturday, March 28, 2020
8:30am - 3:30pm
18560 1st Ave NE,
Shoreline, WA 98155
- A Certificate of Completion will be available at the end of the training. Six (6) clock hours will be provided.
- This training is open to educators of the WEA-Cascade UniServ Council in the Edmonds, Northshore, and Shoreline school districts who are WEA members at a reduced rate. Non-members pay the full class fee. Membership will be verified. (If you aren't currently a member and would like to become one, contact Chenoa Gray-Brewer at 425-487-7101, ext 101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pastries, fruit, and coffee will be served in the morning; lunch will be served between 12:00-12:30. If selected during registration, vegetarian and gluten-free options will be available.
- If you have any special needs that are not addressed during registration, please contact Chenoa Gray-Brewer at 425-486-7101 x101 or email@example.com.
- Registrations will NOT be accepted over the phone, by mail or email, or in person - ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY.
- Enter your HOME email address during registration - NO SCHOOL EMAILS. All communication regarding this training will be sent to home email only.
Our Policies - Please Read:
**Cancellation/No Show Policy:
No refunds for no shows and/or cancellations within three (3) business days of the event. Cancellations on or before the deadline will receive a refund (less Eventbrite fees). (Cancellation deadline is 3/25/20.)