New Discipline Rules - Moving Away From Exclusionary Practice
In July 2018, OSPI adopted new discipline rules to reduce the use of exclusionary practices. At this training, participants will explore the new rules to ensure educators have the information they need to successfully implement them, consider successful strategies to support students' needs, and identify supports districts can provide staff to successfully achieve a culturally responsive approach to supporting student behavior. Participants will review the rationale for the new rules and the requirements the rules place on classroom-level educators. Participants will also problem-solve and review resources to support best practice implementation in order to enhance student learning.
|Tuesday, February 11, 2020
4:30pm - 8:00pm
18560 1st Ave NE
Shoreline, WA 98155
- Cost is $20 per member.
- This training is only open to educators of the WEA-Cascade UniServ Council in the Northshore, Shoreline, and Edmonds school districts who are WEA members.
- A light dinner will be served at 4:30pm. If selected during registration, vegetarian and gluten-free options will be available.
- A Certificate of Completion will be available at the end of the training. Three (3) Clock hours will be provided.
If you have questions regarding the training, please contact Chenoa Gray-Brewer at 425-486-7101, ext 101 or email@example.com.
- Registrations will NOT be accepted over the phone, by mail or email, or in person - ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY.
- Enter your HOME email address during registration - NO school emails. All communications regarding this training will be sent to home emails only.
Our Policies - Please Read:
**Cancellation/No Show Policy:
No refunds for no shows and/or cancellations within one (1) week of the training date. Cancellations on or before the deadline will receive a full refund.