Teacher Certification Workshops
WEA-Cascade is not currently holding any NBCT/ProTeach workshops. Check with your Local Association to see if they might be holding one in your district. Please watch your home email for announcements for future workshop opportunities sponsored by the Council.
Do you have questions about Washington state teacher certification and continuing education requirements, state policy updates, or support options? Come learn more at the WEA Teacher Certification Workshop, sponsored by the Cascade UniServ Council and presented by the WEA Professional Development Network.
What will we be covering in our workshop?
- Recent policy changes affecting teacher certification
- The new National Board process
- Get an overview of ProTeach
- Explore new certification renewal requirements, including Professional Growth Plans and STEM professional development
- How to move from a residency to a professional certificate, or renew a continuing certificate
- How bargaining can support educators through their certification process
- What support WEA provides along the way
Bring your laptop or device to take a look at Washington State’s new E-Certification system for renewing your certificate, checking expiration, or adding endorsements.
Workshops are only open to certificated staff in the Edmonds, Northshore and Shoreline school districts. Dinner and clock hours will be provided.
Registration is on a first come, first served basis, and space is limited. [A registration confirmation email will be sent to your HOME email within 2 business days.] Registration will NOT be accepted by phone or email. Once a workshop is filled a waitlist will be started. If space becomes available, a confirmation notice will be emailed within 48 hours of the workshop.