Institutional Racism and White Privilege Training
This training introduces educators to the history of institutional racism and white privilege, and explores how both have shaped and continue to affect society, including public education. During the training, participants work through scenarios that help them develop strategies for dealing with institutional racism. The course presentation and exercises help teach skills that, when applied in an education setting, contribute to a climate that encourages student success.
Choose from one of the following dates and locations:
|Thursday, March 5, 2020
4:30pm - 8:00pm
18560 1st Ave NE,
Shoreline, WA 98155
|Thursday, March 26, 2020
4:30pm - 8:00pm
Country Inn & Suites
North Creek Ballroom
19333 North Creek Parkway,
Bothell, WA 98011
- A Certificate of Completion will be available at the end of the training. Three (3) Clock hours will be provided.
- This training is only open to educators of the WEA-Cascade UniServ Council in the Northshore, Shoreline, and Edmonds school districts who are WEA members.
- A light dinner will be served at 4:30pm. If selected during registration, vegetarian and gluten-free options will be available.
- If you have any special needs that are not addressed during registration, please contact Chenoa Gray-Brewer at 425-486-7101 x101 or email@example.com.
- Registrations will NOT be accepted over the phone, by mail or email, or in person - ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY.
- Enter your HOME email address during registration - NO SCHOOL EMAILS. All communication regarding this training will be sent to home email only.
Our Policies - Please Read:
**Cancellation/No Show Policy:
No refunds for no shows and/or cancellations within three (3) business days of the event. Cancellations on or before the deadline will receive a refund (less Eventbrite fees). (Cancellation deadline for the March 5th training is 3/2/20 and for the March 26th training is 3/23/20.)