Race and Ethnicity and Disability Training
In this course, participants develop an understanding of
- How our beliefs, values, and experiences inform implicit biases related to race and ethnicity; and
- How our implicit biases and behaviors impact others (students, colleagues, families, etc.).
Participants examine how implicit bias and microaggressions can impact the success of students regardless of the positive intent of adults or other students for the purpose of closing the opportunity gap and improving student achievement.
During the other portion of this course, participants focus on implicit bias and microaggressions related to disabilities. They also work on framing a new way to think of ableism and the impact of visible and invisible ability issues in the classroom and workplace. This is especially important for educators working with student typical “deficit model.” Participants will learn to engage students and provide a safe, positive learning environment for the purpose of empowering students to achieve their full academic potential.
|Wednesday, February 5, 2020
4:30pm - 8:00pm
Country Inn & Suites
North Creek Ballroom
19333 North Creek Parkway
Bothell, WA 98011
- A Certificate of Completion will be available at the end of the training. Three (3) Clock hours will be provided.
- This training is only open to educators of the WEA-Cascade UniServ Council in the Edmonds, Northshore, and Shoreline school districts who are WEA members.
- A light dinner will be served at 4:30pm. If selected during registration, vegetarian and gluten-free options will be available.
- If you have any special needs that are not addressed during registration, please contact Chenoa Gray-Brewer at 425-486-7101 x101 or email@example.com.
- Registrations will NOT be accepted over the phone, by mail or email, or in person - ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY.
- Enter your HOME email address during registration - NO SCHOOL EMAILS. All communication regarding this training will be sent to home email only.
Our Policies - Please Read:
**Cancellation/No Show Policy:
No refunds for no shows and/or cancellations within three (3) business days of the event. Cancellations on or before the deadline will receive a refund (less Eventbrite fees). (Cancellation deadline is 1/31/20.)