Racial and Social Justice Trainings
These research-based courses for educators explore issues of implicit bias based upon race, ethnicity, LGBTQ, and disability status through an analysis of “microaggressions” and “micro-insults.” Participants examine how implicit bias and microaggressions can impact the success of students regardless of the positive intent of adults or other students. Participants will develope an understanding of how our beliefs, understandings, and experiences can impact how behaviors allow educators to respond to (students, colleagues, families, etc) that may have a disparaging impact. They will also learn about additional resources and tools educators can develop and use that will help in identifying mindfulness and empathy strategies that can improve the way in which educators create and sustain relationships with (students, colleagues, families, etc).
- Courses are offered free of charge to all WEA Members.
- Space is limited to 30 participants.
- Trainings will be held via Zoom.
- Clock Hours will be provided.
- Contact Jill Dahlen if you have any questions or need to cancel your registration.
Courses concluded. Check back for future dates!