The AESD is offering professional learning and technical support to educators focused on five LMS platforms: Canvas, Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams, Schoology, and Seesaw. This series consists of “live” and “on-demand” professional learning opportunities to help educators get started with setting up and integrating LMS platforms into their classrooms. Educators can choose which type of learning session works best for their schedules. Participants will:
- Gain an understanding of how to use their selected LMS.
- Gather ideas for how to develop, organize, and assign classes, materials, activities, assignments, and quizzes/assessments.
- Investigate resources and begin planning to use their LMS in classrooms.
- Develop an understanding of LMS best practices during distance/remote and/or in-person learning.
- Preview parent/student communication reports and access.
OSPI and the nine ESDs have worked closely to develop content-specific online learning for educators on a variety of topics during this Long-Term School Closure. Some courses do have a fee to attend, but many are offered free of charge. Check out pdEnroller to see a list of the long-term closure course offerings available and to register.